Welcome to the
The Professor Excel knowledge library has more than 200 in-depth Excel articles. In order to find the information for you, please use one of the options below: Search, filter by category or by article label/tag.
Search the library with the search function
Search for any Excel topic, such as “performance of XLOOKUP”.
Filter knowledge articles by label or “tag”
Each Professor Excel article is labeled by one of multiple tags. Tags are like topics: Just click on any tag and explore all related knowledge articles.
array calculate calculation character column conditional copy data error excel export faq format formatting formula function hide hlookup index index-match letter Link lookup Macro match name number pastespecial pdf performance pivot pivottable row speed up sum sumifs sumproduct symbol text tools VBA vlookup worksheet worksheets XLOOKUP
Show articles by category
Every article I publish is categorized by one (or at most) two categories. Just click on a category name to see all the articles in this particular category.
New to the library: Take a look at the most recent articles
The following list has all the recent articles.
- Merge Excel Files: How to Combine Workbooks into One FileYou have several Excel workbooks and you want to merge them into one file? This could be a troublesome and long process. But there are 6 different methods of how to merge existing workbooks and worksheets into one file. Depending on the size and number of workbooks, at least one of these methods should be helpful… Continue reading Merge Excel Files: How to Combine Workbooks into One File
- Greek Letters: How to Insert Alpha, Delta, Omicron in ExcelIn Mathematics, many Greek letters have meanings. For example, the delta symbol, or the sigma character. Also, with nowadays naming the COVID-19 variants after Greek letters, you might need to use them in Excel. Here are 5 simple methods of how to add them to Excel cells and to use them in Excel charts –… Continue reading Greek Letters: How to Insert Alpha, Delta, Omicron in Excel
- Per Mille ‰: How to Show Excel Values per MilleWorking with percent values in Excel is very easy and convenient. In some cases, however, you want to work with per mille values. My impression: It was not really considered when Excel was developed. In this article, you will find three main methods, each with different options to insert per mil (or: parts per thousand).
- Harvey Balls: How to Insert Filled Circles ഠ◔◑◕⬤ in ExcelHarvey Balls are circles filled to some level with color. Or, as Wikipedia says, “are round ideograms used for visual communication of qualitative information”. If you want to use them in Excel, you have two options: Make them dynamic with conditional formatting rules or fix them by inserting them as characters. Here is how to… Continue reading Harvey Balls: How to Insert Filled Circles ഠ◔◑◕⬤ in Excel
- Combine Text in Excel: 5 Easy Methods to Concatenate Cells!Excel offers three distinct functions as well as a fourth way to combine multiple text cells into one cell. There are countless examples in which you might need this: Combine given- and family names or preparing primary keys for multi-conditional lookups. For example, in a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formula combination. In this article you learn… Continue reading Combine Text in Excel: 5 Easy Methods to Concatenate Cells!
- Bulk Insert Text: How to Add Text to Many Existing Excel Cells at OnceYou have a couple (or many) cells with text in it. Now, you want to insert more text to them. Either at the beginning, in the middle or at the end. Here is how to easily do that!
- Delta ∆: How to Easily Insert Difference Sign “∆” in ExcelThe capital Greek letter Delta (∆) stands for difference or increment in Mathematics. In some cases, it would also help to use it in Excel: Instead of writing “Difference” or “Change”, you could simply insert the Delta sign. Here is how to do that in Windows and Mac!
- Ʃ: How to Easily Insert Sum / Total Sign “Ʃ” in ExcelYou have created a nice dashboard in Excel? Or a beautiful Profit and Loss calculation? Now, you want to bring it to the next level: Insert the sum or total sign, the Greek character sigma: Σ. In general mathematics, uppercase Σ is used as an operator for summation. Here is how to quickly do this in Excel!
- How to Center Across Selection in Excel With Just One ClickEspecially for headlines or table headings in Excel, merging cells is a great and fast way to center text across several cells. But merging cells comes with a few disadvantages. So, many professionals recommend using “Center Across Selection” instead. Unfortunately, the option is a little bit hidden. Here is how to apply it and how… Continue reading How to Center Across Selection in Excel With Just One Click
Do you want to stay up-to-date?
Boost your Excel skills in a very convenient way: Subscribe to the Professor Excel newsletter and receive one e-mail per month with 3-4 tutorials, tips and tricks. Of course it’s free. And maybe worth mentioning: I hate spam very much. That’s why I would never send you any spam e-mail.
Even better: You get my welcome gift. The Big Keyboard Shortcuts package.
- The best Excel tips, tricks and tutorials.
- 1x per month.
- No spam. Promised.
Or explore all articles
If you want to see all articles, please refer to this page.